360° Freedom Farrower™
Its unique design, which gives sows the freedom to turn around 360 degrees while in confinement, led to its developers being awarded the Good Sow Commendation by Compassion in World Farming.
The ground-breaking pen has the same footprint as a conventional crate, but improves the way in which the sow can be handled whilst allowing more freedom of movement. Its flexible design with moveable restraining bars give the animal space to turn around in the pen but also enables close containment when necessary.
This increases the sow's nesting ability and reduces her stress, which leads to fewer deaths, fewer still born piglets, heavier weaning rates and increased profits.
Advanced levels of animal welfare can bring countless benefits to both the pigs and your business by reducing the stress levels in the animals and enhancing pig performance. We have clear evidence showing that sows and piglets are happier and more relaxed in the 360° Freedom Farrower™ pen.
It has been uniquely designed to take up no more space than a traditional pen and is easy to use:
- The sows have 360 degrees of movement, increasing the nesting ability
- The piglets have freedom to suckle, or rest safely out of the way
- Sows kept in the 360° Freedom Farrower™ have fewer stillborn or crushed piglets
- The animals are more relaxed and contented, meaning healthier and heavier piglets (up to 25 per cent heavier at weaning time)
- When handling is required the 360° Freedom Farrower™ increases safety for the animal and the stockman
- It is available in twin single pens or twin double pens
For more information, specifications and distributor information, please visit the dedicated website: www.freefarrow.com/360-freedom-farrower
The ground-breaking pen has been developed by pig farmers, for pig farmers, and has consistently proven to lower mortality and increase weaning weights. The pen regularly wins accreditations and commendations from industry leading experts